Treat her like a queen, just every now and then… and she will treat you like a king - every day of your life.
tmr on Maintaining Hifzul Quran nk72 on Maintaining Hifzul Quran tmr on Maintaining Hifzul Quran nk72 on Maintaining Hifzul Quran Umm Hamza & Sara… on The End of the Road?
Category Archives: General
– “Kathratut tilaawah (abundant recitation).” That was the beautifully succinct answer of one my teachers when he was asked as to how a person can strengthen their hifz. And that’s all that there is to it really. There are so many … Continue reading
– For so long in difficulty and in darkness… but now that I’m in ease and in the light… it seems almost as if that hardship never existed. Alhamdulillah. That phase of life seems so long ago, the memory of … Continue reading
– – This year was mad. Insane. Spiritually, it started off badly and then just steadily spiraled ever downwards and downwards. And it was only in the month of Ramadan that that trend started to reverse and turn around. Emotionally, … Continue reading
– Completion of the Qiraa’ah of ‘Aasim Hope for Change Allahumma taqabbal minnaa! –
اَلْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ عَلَى كُلِّ حَال سِوَى الْكُفْرِ وَالضَّلَال Praise be to Allah in all conditions – barring that of disbelief or misguidance. – This is something that I was recently reminded of by one … Continue reading
– قَالَتْ يَا وَيْلَتَىٰ أَأَلِدُ وَأَنَا عَجُوزٌ وَهَٰذَا بَعْلِي شَيْخًا (Surah Hud: 72) قَالُوا يَا أَيُّهَا الْعَزِيزُ إِنَّ لَهُ أَبًا شَيْخًا كَبِيرًا فَخُذْ أَحَدَنَا مَكَانَهُ (Surah Yusuf: 78) قَالَتَا لَا نَسْقِي حَتَّىٰ يُصْدِرَ الرِّعَاءُ ۖ وَأَبُونَا شَيْخٌ كَبِيرٌ (Surah Qasas: … Continue reading
– ما لا يدرك كله لا يترك كله That which cannot be achieved in its entirety, should not be abandoned entirely. – This is another of the qawaa’id al-fiqhiyyah (see this for a previous one), which are brief statements that convey a … Continue reading
– Listen – O Allah, accept all our duas we’ve made this month. –
– – Alhamdulillah, we completed most of Surah an-Nisaa’ in tonight’s Taraaweeh. And after the salaah, the Imam mentioned that many of the ‘ulama, when asked which verse from the Qur’an, in their opinion, is the most full of hope, … Continue reading